Thursday, May 9, 2013

Unchained Desire

MAY THE LORD SHOW MERCY TO THE HOUSEHOLD OF ONESIPHORUS, BECAUSE HE OFTEN REFRESHED ME AND WAS NOT ASHAMED OF MY CHAINS.  2 Timothy 1:16

I began my treatment today and have seen God's hand already at work.  My assessment went very well and God has afforded me an opportunity to share my faith in an arena of life I never dreamed I would see.  God blessed us with a Christian counselor that has encouraged me to show the light of Christ, even in the midst of darkness.  I am trying to embrace the platform I have right now, even though at times I must admit I feel like I'm in the pit.  However, I know God will use all of this as long as I surrender to Him.  Our mess becomes our message.

Words cannot express my gratitude to all of those that have expressed love and support in both tangible and intangible ways.  I feel like Paul and have mentioned several of you by name in prayer and humbly ask that God would show you mercy and favor since you have encouraged me and have not been ashamed of my chains.  I have never felt so loved in all of my life.  Thank you to all of you that have poured out your hearts in prayer and have shown agape love and grace.  Please continue to pray for my recovery and that God would use what has been intended for evil for His good.

--Don't forget Megan is blogging her journey through all of this as well.  Her blog once again is:

Unashamed Dependance



4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that your first day went well and that you have a Christian counselor!

    I know that you want to share Christ with all those at the facility, but don't forget that you are there so that YOU can get help. The best way to show Christ is for you to be completely authentic - Christ will shine through.

    Praying for you continually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine...couldn't agree with you more.

      Delete
    2. Thinking of & praying so much for all of you & if there is anything I can do to help please let me know!!!! Luv Cyn

      Delete
  2. "Our mess becomes our message"...wow
    God is working and the Spirit is moving.

    ReplyDelete