Tuesday, May 14, 2013

RAISE SOME PRAISE

"I PRAISE YOU BECAUSE I AM FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE..."  Psalm 139:14

God's power and creativity is clearly demonstrated through creation.  I do not just mean the baffling and unexplainable wonders of the universe, but more specifically the awesome thumbprint of God found all across the wondrous diversity of human beings.  Interestingly, not many people I meet consider themselves to be "wonderfully made".  When I get out of bed in the morning, it is hard to believe this "wonderfully made" stuff. 

Albert Einstein said, "If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."  It seems to me that far too many people have been lied to and misjudged.  Instead of seeing their immeasurable worth in God's eyes, they have been sold a bunch of lies.  Lies that devour their joy, peace and purpose in life.  They find themselves hating the person they see in the mirror.  They find themselves scared, empty and even dead inside.  They find themselves looking for anything that will bring relief.  I know this because I have felt like this...insecure, stressed and at times even worthless.

How does God's most cherished and wonderful part of creation become so skewed?  It's because we have a very real enemy that seeks only to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10).  However, God's plan and desire for our lives is for us not just to make it through another 24 hours, but to really live! 

The most powerful part of Psalm 139:14 is not that we are wonderfully made, but that we can choose to live a life of praise.  My recovery means nothing in the end if it is not a life that will daily raise some praise.  The focus cannot be on me, but must be on God.  We each have the opportunity to raise some praise.  We can either keep on thinking we are stupid because of how others have judged us, or we will raise some praise knowing we are fearfully and wonderfully made.



5 comments:

  1. You, Chad, are an amazing man. God has blessed you with the ability to deliver His message in a powerful way - week after week after week. And besides that, he has gifted you with a brilliant mind, a charming personality, witty sense of humor, a beautiful and godly wife, two adorable boys, loving parents and family, amazing friends :o), and a church family that appreciates you and is cheering for and praying for you constantly. I praise God for you and in advance for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks Christine. You could definitely emphasize the "beautiful and godly wife" part...she's by far the best thing I have going on :) Thanks again for the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a great way to live! I am printing this one out, as I need this reminder often. I will also be sharing this with my children as I raise them up in Him. You are truly gifted and I love seeing you continue to do His work! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie...there's no greater calling than raising children up in Christ. Keep it up!

      Delete
  3. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.
    When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.
    When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
    For I am the Lord, your God,
    you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you.
    ~Isaiah 43:2-4

    one of my favorite verses

    ReplyDelete